Pages

10 July 2016

St Arnaud

Although dogs aren't allowed at Lake Rotoiti, St Arnaud, I decided to go and check out the camping ground incase Bernie and I had a weekend away without the dogs.

Lake Rotoiti


The campground is easy to get into and only a couple of hundred metres from the lake. There are sites suitable for bigger rigs and a building with cooking utilities.




Brave campers in a tent with frost all around them.

Small stream running behind the camping ground.

Entrance to the camping ground.

Kitchen block.


There are lots of walks around the area. Some as short as 15 minutes and others as long as a couple of days. I took a few of the shorter walks because I had to leave the dogs in the truck.


The ice among the dirt looked like broken glass.

Many types of moss covering the ground.

It was good to hear lots of native birds about. I tried to get some photos, but I need to get better and capturing them. They are so quick!

Bellbird

West Bay

West Bay


West Bay





Finally an area where the dogs were able to get out. They were super frisky racing around in frost.





Boo enjoying a roll in the frost.



Frozen pond.

Ice Skating Pond amongst native bush.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.