Pages

18 February 2019

Buddy Rider

It was a relief this morning, to see dew on the grass and feel a refreshing breeze. We've had a really hot summer!
I knew Oakly, would be keen for a bike ride - he never needs to be asked twice. He loves it! Once he sees me wheel the bike out, he starts jumping up and down get in his 'buddy rider'.


Fortunately, Oakly isn't a dog that licks a lot, however as we bike along, he always gives my hand a little lick in appreciation.



We often stop along the way. I'm sure, there's nothing better (for a dog!) than being able to sniff and check things out from ground level.



I bought the 'buddy rider' online, after seeing the enjoyment my Dad and his dog, Bess, had with theirs. 



The 'Buddy Rider' attaches to the bike's seat and is mounted over the centre of the bike. It's designed for dogs up to 13kgs, and will fit almost any modern adult bike. It measures 48cms between the seat post and the handle bars.



These 'dog-seats' are the perfect solution, for biking safely with your dog. You can cover long distances without worrying whether your buddy's getting tired.
Oakly & Boo love sitting in front of us, enjoying the views and smells. We make a point of stopping often, so they can stretch their legs and explore. We also found them useful during summer when the pavement was getting too hot for their paws to be walking on. 



1 comment:

  1. Do you have to tie them in to make them stay there? my dog would jump out so hubby bought a cat basket and attached it to the back of my bike for him, but i would love to buy one of these for him. Where? How much?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.