Pages

11 May 2019

Going Solo

Today is organising and packing up the bus day. Tomorrow, I leave for my first 'solo' adventure in the bus. 



Something I've always dreamt of doing is seeing the autumn colours around Central Otago. Unfortunately, Bernie can't take time off work, and not wanting to miss this opportunity - I'm going alone. 



I've made lists - lots of lists. I'm such a list person!
A list of things to take
A list of walks to do
A list of places to stay
Even a menu (not that I'll stick to it)



Despite making lists for everything, I won't be sticking to any timetable. A pet-peeve of mine is making times to go somewhere or do something. I doubt I'll even wear a watch. I'll leave when the mood strikes and arrive whenever. FREEDOM.





Becs (my daughter) and her hubby Hamish, are due to have their baby in 5 weeks, so, it's the perfect time for me to sneak away for a couple of weeks and be back in time for my first grandchild to arrive. Yippeeee!







My dilemma is whether the dogs are coming or not. I absolutely want them with me, but Bernie's convinced it'll be much easier without having to worry about them, and I agree with him that they'll restrict me on some (most) DOC walks. So, I'm in two minds. Maybe I'll have to write another list to decide...pros & cons on taking my fur-babies. Hahaha



3 comments:

  1. Love the photo of your fur babies. Great cliffhanger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drive safe, and have fun on your solo adventure. We haven't "done" Autumn in the South Island yet, it must be spectacular.
    How exciting, your first grand child on the way!
    Jenny and Robin Romany Rambler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for the next installment. Good on you for going on your own.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.