Pages

18 August 2020

Sold The Bus

We've owned our Toyota Coaster bus for two years and have had two years of trouble free motoring, along with many adventures. During that time we made a few changes - a new diesel heater, new flooring, changed the upholstery, added a vent & fan to the bathroom, plus other bits and pieces. Although we're sad to see the wee bus go, we know the new owners will enjoy it.

So, why sell the bus? Motor-homing is more my thing and Bernie is keen to buy a few acres of land to develop over on the West Coast. So while Bern is busy making and creating, I'll be out cruising around in a little camper with the dogs

Isn't life funny? Before I met Bernie I owned a Mitsubishi L300, which I adored. I sold it because it was too small for the two of us. Then we bought an American fifth wheeler, and after that the bus. Now I'm looking at getting an L300 again or something similar. Seems I'm back to where I started!

Now I need to get cracking and write some blogs on our recent trip down south before I begin blogging about adventures in camper number four.

9 comments:

  1. So good you're not having to give up what you love doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I'm pleased I'll be able to carry on motorhoming. Just got to find camper #4 now!

      Delete
  2. Good on you. Sometimes it is okay to do your own thing, rather than have to compromise the whole time. It will be interesting to see what you end up with next. Enjoy safe travels, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Katrina, I'm looking at buying my own small campervan now so I can go away from time to time just me and doggies. We will keep our campervan I don't drive to go away together. Can't wait for next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good plan. Good luck finding your next camper.

      Delete
  4. Ive got something like youre first camper im feeling like i want to upsize lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested in seeing the campervan your thinking of selling. Please email me on tikey.katrina@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Hi there.
    Trying to get ahold of you as i love one of your images from 'Rarangi, you beauty' back in 2018.
    Would love to make contact.
    Cheers, and hopefully hear from you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.