Pages

5 September 2018

Bike Ride With My Best Buddy

Whenever I say the word 'bike' to Oakly he gets all excited. He adores being in the buddy rider on the front of my bike. It gives him a great view, with new smells, plus we often stop so he can stretch his legs and explore.



Monaco was the destination for this ride and we struck it lucky to have the tide in, so we got to see some reflections.


Looking from Monaco towards Richmond, across Waimea Inlet. 
The Honest Lawyer - a great place to stay in your motorhome.

The beach was our first stop and Oakly chased and dug up stones, which is his favourite thing to do.



It was a stunning Nelson spring day, with a cloudless, blue sky and many delicious smells of blossom wafting about.


When evening arrived, it brought with it a lovely warm glow.


And as the sun set over Monaco it began with a golden glow before ending with splashes of pinks and mauves.



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Katrina. the buddy rider sounds much more comfortabe than a basket with a sheepskin in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carron, the buddy rider is awesome. I love biking with Oakly in front of me. I chat away to him and although he isn't a dog that licks a lot, he will give me little licks on my hand, I'm taking that as him saying he's having a great time.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the write up about Monaco, we had never heard of that area before. Must put it on out list to explore next time we come down South.

    Robin and Jenny, Romany Rambler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little area but worth walking around.

      Delete
  3. We live near this area and love to bike around there and have a coffee break at either the Honest Lawyer or near by at Pomaroys cafe. There are some fantastic bike tracks around the Richmond Nelson area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live nearby too, and I often go down the Railway Reserve with the dogs. It's nice to be away from the busy roads and at the moment all the magnolias are flowering and it smells divine.

      Delete

Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.