Pages

21 December 2016

Published Articles.

At the beginning of this year I enrolled with 'N.Z. Writer's College' to do a Journalism course. My goal was to have an article published by the end of this year. Recently, in the Dec/Jan edition of 'The Motor Caravanner' (which is NZMCA's magazine) I had my first two articles published.

One article was called 'Sunshine, Sunsets & Vineyards'. It suggests things to do while staying in Blenheim. With the 61st NZMCA Rally coming up in February there will be lots of members traveling from all around New Zealand, and Blenheim may likely be a place people choose to stay to break up their journey.



The second article called ' On The Road With Our Four-Legged Friends' included several interviews with people who travel with pets. In the article, I mentioned the Facebook group 'Motorhoming With Pets In N.Z' that I started less than a year ago. Due to this exposure, we've had a surge of people wanting to join the group. Now we have over 1,000 members and it's increasing daily.


Last week, I got a nice email from Chris (the editor of 'The Motor Caravanner') saying he has accepted the next two articles I've submitted. These will be published in the following magazine. 

I have several more ideas for future articles and have an interview arranged in January to include in my next piece. I'm loving the challenge of finding an interesting angle to write about and taking photos to support each article. 


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo Katrina! And your One News photos are continuing! You are a legend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.