Pages

22 January 2017

Rain - Rain - Rain

Most days this month I hear at least two people say 'Where has summer gone?" This weekend has been particularly cold. So chilly in fact, that on Saturday night I tossed up whether to light the fire or have a hot shower and jump into bed early. An early night won...I couldn't bear to light the fire in January.
Today it drizzled continuously. AGAIN! Fortunately around 8 o'clock we had a break in the weather. The rain stopped and the sun peaked out between clouds.The dogs didn't need to be asked twice if they wanted to go to the beach. They were keen!

In the hour that I was at the beach the colours changed dramatically. Nature certainly knows how to put on a light show!

First were the creamy yellow tones.


Next came dusky orange hues.



Which intensified as the sky darkened.




Surprisingly the sunset ended in a display of lilac and mauve.





2 comments:

Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.